The internal combustion engine (ICE), as an energy conversion machine is converting the energy of the most energy-dense substances into heat, rather than work, to the extent that the high temperature is creating deadly NOx (among other problems). So much of the fuel must be burned to produce the work we are expecting that the bi-products of carbon and other Green House Gases (GHGs) are two times the amount than they should be. This will pollute the air we breathe, but the side effects of economic damage due to affected tourism, acid rain, and densely populated cities must also be addressed.
Inefficient energy conversion
So how will we fix all of that?
- Ban Diesel?
- Declare the ICE obsolete?
- Scrap the global transportation infrastructure?
We all want to drive clean so we must all participate. All of the advantages will reduce most if not all car ownership expenses.
THE ECHELON ADVANTAGES:
- The fuel burns more completely, so emissions are cleaner. The duration of time at high temperature of the expanding gasses with the Echelon innovation is less than the normal time of the traditional engine so NOx production will be less.
- Endothermic reaction time during prime pressure is reduced which also decreases energy loss.
- The improved burn also means less carbon buildup in the engine and cleaner oil, cleaner engine, and less wear.
- Reduced internal pressures will cause less structural stress than in engine designs without the Echelon technology because the peak pressure is relocated to optimized crank angle where maximum work is achieved.
- With this technology designed to work effectively in a gasoline-fueled engine, we can see that further, minor refined variations will adapt to natural gas, diesel, propane, ethanol and bio-diesel fuels. Yes, even hydrogen-fueled engines will benefit from the same universal technology.
- Obviously, a smaller engine doing the same amount of work means less weight and fuel cargo presenting a huge advantage for applications in small aircraft and all marine uses.
- If the engine is smaller and costs less, many other parts of the car will be more economical too.